Saturday, August 24, 2013




Here's a video from our first day of school.  We started the morning with an all-school assembly.  Our principal began the day talking about our expectations in the school.  After we had watched some brief videos about hallway, bathroom and playground expectations, she moved into the celebrations for the year.  We are going to celebrate like crazy.  While she was talking about this, I broke  in with the song "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang and started our flash mob.  It was so much fun.  I've always wanted to be a part of one and now I can check that off of my bucket list.  however, I would like to do another one sometime.  Maybe another assembly this year..........  Oooh, I could teach the kids a flash mob while they're in my music class.  Oh the wheels are turning.....

On a different note, here are a couple of close-up of some of my noodle projects in my room.

These are my noodle balls.  I wish I could take credit for them, but I learned about them from a class I took last summer.  The pool noodles are cut into 12" lengths (8 of them, I think) and then a hose clamp is tightened around the center.  As you tighten them, they start to spread apart.  My preschool and low motor-function students love them, because they have a much better chance of catching a ball when it is thrown to them.  




These are my noodle horses.  I also cannot take credit for these.  They were an idea from Mrs. King's blog with great directions on how to make them.

It was a great first week of school.  I was exhausted last night, but I'm really looking forward to the new things that I'm trying at the beginning of the year.  There are many neat kiddos and I can't wait to play, I mean teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment