Tuesday, December 22, 2015

We survived!

We have made it through almost the first half of the school year.  Ahhhhhh, Christmas break is finally here. Most teachers, especially elementary know how crazy the day before a holiday break is.  The kids are excited it's the week of Christmas, classroom parties, sugar highs, etc.....
Today lived up to the hype.  Most teachers were walking around in a sugar-induced stupor with a glazed expression in their eyes this afternoon. I'm sure Excedrin stock rose significantly today.
What adds insult to injury is teachers have a full day of in-service tomorrow.  I'm going to go in with the best, most productive attitude I can muster, but it's going to take everything I have to be productive and make it to 2:30.
One thing I do love about the final day before Christmas break is my 1st grade teachers request a carol time. All 70ish 1st graders join together and we just sing our hearts out. 6 years ago, our secretary, who loved music was undergoing chemotherapy in Minnesota and we called her while we were singing and sang to her. Needless to say we were all in tears including Cheryl over the phone. I wish there was a happy end to Cheryl's battle, but that is a memory that I will always cherish.  It's also one of the reasons I can't say no to caroling with the 1st grade teachers, so they can probably count on that in their lesson plans each year.
Merry Christmas and I'll be blogging in the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment